Well...to be fair, Naomi is an early walker. Never-the-less, to fulfill my oath, I started this project.
Here is the floor that obviously needed "fixing"
Step 1: Take out the base molding.
Step 2: Rip off the floor.
Step 2.1: Scratch your head..."hey, this isn't as easy as the instruction on the internet..."
Step 2.2: I realized I had no business ripping off the linoleum in the 1st place...but I also realized I'm too proud to quit now. Move to plan B.
Step2.3: Go to Home Depot, demand, "you said I can do it, now you have to help!"
Step 2.4: Rent a circular saw, buy a wrecking bar, get ready for demolition!
6 hours later, there is a lot to show for. Half the underlayment is sawed and ripped off. The entire house is filled with wood dust!!
Trust me, it works better if you put up the plastic curtain that contain saw dust BEFORE you start sawing your floor. Simple logic. How it escaped me? I wish I could tell you.
If life gives you a lemon, make lemonade.
If floor gives you saw dust, write your name on it.
Another 6 hours later. Oven is moved. Fridge is moved. Underlayment is completely gone. Appliances are covered with dust, including coffee maker. (Oh my God!! no coffee in Seattle!?! Some one please call the Red Cross!)
As you can see, I "fixed" the floor alright... hopefully there won't be anymore surprises when the new floor comes for me to put in. We'll have to live with a floorless kitchen for at least 1 week.
To be continued...
1 comment:
you're getting really good. your writing, that is. i like the 2.3, 2.4 like you seem to be making progress but really still on the same step. i also like your going to home depot and demand. very funny.
i must say that you are both so brave for ripping apart floor and appliances. didn't the dvd say "done by professional. do not try this at home"?
Post a Comment